Sunday 28 July 2013

Happy monday...

....Here's to a wonderful new week...

the flowers my lovely husband got me for our anniversary...

We have had a lovely anniversary weekend here!
On Saturday Mr and I went for a lovely meal at a local canal-side restaurant...
Its funny, and I think most parents will recognise this, we get a few hours to ourselves as a couple then end up spending the whole time talking about our little Miss Moo....
....anyway, after a couple of hours and a couple of glasses of rose , we rushed home to get the washing in as it started pooring down with rain....like REALLY belting it down...torrential style!
After which, I promptly fell asleep on the sofa....LIGHTWEIGHT !!
Never the less we had a lovely time!!
 
Then on Sunday we all went to a nearby village, Berkhamstead, strolling around and browsing the antique shops...stopping for some lunch and an ice cream...
Lovely!!
We didn't buy anything, but sometimes its just as much fun to just have a look...
...So today I am posting some pictures from yesterdays window shopping:
 
 
First we went to one of my favourite shops, the home and colonial
I have never actually bought anything in here as I find it a bit expensive for our budget...even in the sale....but I love looking around here for inspiration and ideas....
 Its just a treasure-trove of beautiful old things, from antique art to vintage toys...
 
....rustic furniture to nostalgic kitchenware...
 
 
I loved the look of this collection of green tinted glass bottles...
...and I dream to have a linen cupboard like this...
It is always allowed to dream...
 
So, dreamily, I walked away from this shop...I didn't mind not getting anything...I couldn't possibly choose from their wonderful stock ....and anyway, we are saving up for some big home improvements at the moment, so I know it will be worth saving the pennies....
 
A little stroll down the road, we stopped to look at a flowering tree buzzing with bees and fluttering butterflies...Little Miss Moo loves butterflies - ever since she went to Butterfly world with her class last month, so she was totally engrossed....
 Our next stop was the heritage antique centre, just off the Berkhamstead High street...
...this shop is a little more in our price range, and also filled with treasure...
This is one of those shops that is just filled to the brim with things...
...and you really need to keep your eyes peeled to spy the diamonds in all the rough...
These were some of the items that caught my eye:
 
A lovely copper tea pot...
...some pretty and colourful vintage kitchenware..
...and these vintage suitcases sparked my imagination....
...might come back for these...!!
 
Even Little Miss Moo found something she liked...
Luckily she  is not a child that "wants something" all the time, and she happily waved goodbye to her new friend, when we said we would go to the olde sweet shoppe next...
This lovely old fashioned sweetshop has jars upon jars of sweets...beautifully displayed in the old shop interior.....so nostalgic...so me!!
We all came away with some goodies....and with our gobs full of sweets we were satisfied after having a great day out as a family, and headed home!
 
Feeling rested and happy, I am now ready for this week:
Today we are hosting the second session of THE NOSTALGIECAT SUMMER KIDS CLUB...
....We are expecting another 3 of Little Miss Moo's friends at 2 o'clock, so I best start getting ready!!
The weather has turned and we are expecting rain and thunderstorms, so today we are having a RAINY DAY INDOOR PARTY...
Check back on Wednesday to see how we get on, and what we will get up to!!
 
And don't forget to leave a comment on Saturday's post to be in with a chance of winning a set of 3 of my lace print plates, in my celebratory giveaway!!
 
I wish you all a great week!
xxx
June

No comments:

"